Research at Duke Kunshan takes place both through the scholarship of individual faculty and through joint research centers and institutes. These are focused on areas of research particularly suited to Duke Kunshan and relevant to the needs of Jiangsu Province and the Yangtze River Delta region. Each of these centers and institutes aims to become a world-class center of excellence in its respective field.
Duke Kunshan is currently home to the following research centers and institutes:
- Global Health Research Center
- Environmental Research Center
- Center for the Study of Contemporary China
- Humanities Research Center
- Regional Ozone Sino-US Collaborative Research Center
- Data Science Research Center
- Language and Culture Center
- Wuhan-Duke Research Institute
- Institute of Applied Physical Sciences and Engineering (iAPSE)
Faculty from Duke or other institutions who are interested in participating in scholarly projects with colleagues at Duke Kunshan are encouraged to contact the research centers or DKU faculty directly. Haiyan Gao, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at Duke Kunshan, Larry Carin, Vice Provost for Research at Duke, and Jim Dobbins, Associate Vice Provost for Duke Kunshan University Programs at Duke, also welcome inquiries.